How Every Dinner Party Should End

Last week, two old friends invited me over to their home for dinner. It was a lovely evening which ended with them bringing out this super pretty cake. On a side-note, the friend who baked this cake is so serious about baking that she is actually taking a cake-decoration class! Don’t you think it’s very intricately decorated?

20120519-014207.jpg

It looked so ornate and perfect that I almost couldn’t eat it. Almost. Needless to say, I ate more than I should, and brought a whole lot more home with me 😛

I think ALL evenings should end like this, with a beautiful, and perhaps as importantly, large cake, being shared amongst a few good friends 🙂

Advertisements

6 Comments Add yours

1. Carly says:

Wow, that looks delicious! Your friend is very talented! -C x

1. choconutmeg says:

I’ll let her know her work was appreciated 🙂

2. Desi Chick says:

Wow, that is one seriously gorgeous cake. I must ask – what kind of cake was it?

1. choconutmeg says:

Eerm, I can’t really remember, some sort of vanilla cake with lemony butter cream icing.

3. Aisha says:

Lovely!
    Just one tip; when hosting a dinner party or a BBQ party, make sure you don’t get drunk. I learnt that the hard way when I hosted a BBQ party a couple of months ago and my drunkeness made me sleepy. By the time I woke up, most of the food was gone and half of the guests hadn’t had any of the good stuff. But we had a good time, that’s all that matters in such situations!

1. choconutmeg says:

Ha ha, well in my case, that wouldn’t happen. Alcohol doesn’t make me sleepy. At all. Ever.

I am sure your party was a blast, you just missed some of the fun!!!